Adult Basic Education
Thinking about getting your High School Equivalency Diploma (formerly known as GED)? Now is the time!!!
We offer free, morning and evening Adult Education classes in Saline and White Counties.
All classes, materials, and practice tests are free! We have a limited number of test scholarships available to those who qualify.
Registration is made simple by registering the first day/night of class during open sessions.
For additional Information Call 618-252-5400 Ext. 2242.
Adult Education Class Schedule
Days: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Location: Room A221
High School Equivalency (HSE formerly known as GED) classes help students prepare for the HSE Tests to earn their high school equivalency diploma. Students will develop critical thinking and problem solving skills while studying the subject areas covered on the HSE Tests. The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) assessment is used to determine appropriate placement in HSE classes.
HSE classes include:
- Language Arts
- Social studies
- Computer skills
Highlights of the Changes to the HSE Test in 2014:
- The entire test will include four, not five, modules: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
- Rather than give an opinion or personal perspective in a 5-parapgraph essay, test takers will write a response that requires reference and analysis of given text
- The test will be completely computer based.
- Registration will be available online 24 hours a day and will be done from any computer with internet access.
- The cost for all four modules is $120 with a $10 certificate fee. Each retake will cost $30.
- Registration fees must be paid by credit card or voucher and will adhere to a 24-hour cancellation policy.
For more information:
Southeastern Illinois College
Adult Education Department
3575 College RD Harrisburg, IL 62946
(618) 252-5400, Ext. 2242 or Ext. 2242