WROY/WRUL has an opening for a Full Time Account Manager. Prior sales experience is preferred but not compulsory as training will be provided.
WROY/WRUL are premiere radio representation firms delivering results for the southeastern Illinois, Western Kentucky, and Southwestern Indiana Market. The company offers businesses an audience with both males and females 18-54 with dominant programming delivering not just the preferred type of music, but also programming within the music format.
Account managers are responsible for handling a high volume of radio airtime sales of represented stations to successful businesses. The WROY/WRUL team in Carmi has an immediate opening for an account manager.
- Maintains sales agreements between businesses, advertising agencies and radio stations.
- This includes: working directly with clients, sustaining and improving those relationships, writing orders, confirming and generating new contacts, and resolving discrepancies.
- Handle airtime scheduling for clients and resolving problems (revisions, cancellations, make-goods, etc).
- Servicing and assisting clients in problem solving arenas and copywriting duties as needed.
- Regular contact with clientele as well as prospecting for new potential partnerships.
- Preparing presentations and customized media kits when necessary; understands importance of and can interpret rating and research information.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by supervisor or manager.
Desired Skill and Experience
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and to prioritize workload.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizations skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies.
- Being a team player is important to be successful in this position
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Suite) and have willingness to learn new industry related programs.
How to Apply
Applications/resumes are being accepted now through the hiring of the right candidate. We hope to have this task complete by March 25, 2016.