The State Universities Retirement System (SURS or the System) is a public employee retirement system that administers death, disability and retirement benefits on behalf of more than 220,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges, and state agencies. SURS administers and oversees a large, public defined benefit program with assets approximating $16.5 billion as of March 31, 2016. In addition, the Self-Managed Plan (SMP), a defined contribution plan offered to members, continues to increase in size with assets of approximately $1.8 billion.
• Apply accounting principles in performing journal entries
• Tax reporting
• Prepare annual budgets
• Prepare a variety of financial reports
• State compliance reporting
• Perform reconciliations
• Industry surveys
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accountancy
• Registration as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in a professional level of accounting work
This position is 100% time. The percentage of time in this position is not negotiable.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a completed SURS application, current resume, and a dated cover letter to Humanresources@surs.org . This position is subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.