Administrative Assistant to the Dean for Career and Technical Education
This is a full-time administrative position, assisting the Dean in the coordination and performance of all Technology Office activities by performing the following duties:
- Acting as receptionist for the Dean’s office, managing the office, and performing a wide variety of clerical duties;
- Coordinate all vocational faculty schedules for both full-time and adjunct faculty, which includes maintaining personnel records, and adjunct search database;
- Responsibilities also include adjunct faculty contracts, payroll submissions, Board Recommendations, distance bonus report, mailbox assignments, and the calculation of overload pay for full-time faculty;
- Preparation and submission of numerous documents such as correspondence, memorandums, job descriptions, advertisements, ICCB submissions, board documents, grant proposals, presentations, real estate transcripts, and entering data into the IT system;
- Coordinate, assist, and present as necessary the orientation for full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and work study students;
- Processing and entering requisitions, ordering office supplies, and distribution and tracking of budgets;
- Supervise student workers and assist with various activities, which include room scheduling, serving on committees, registering students, vocational open house planning, and assisting with various other activities;
- Assisting with the processing and submission of institutional, state and federal reports;
- Representing the Dean at committee meetings when he/she is unable to attend;
- Work with high schools to coordinate dual credit programs, including submission of proposals, providing registration information, enter class schedules, provide high schools with attendance and grade reports, and work with the Business Office on necessary billing;
- Prepare and maintain all course outlines on the computer, and maintain a file of current curriculum guides for vocational programs;
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Instruction, Vice President of Instruction.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college; Associate in Applied Science in Business/Office Systems Technology or related field preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience in an office setting preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidate must have exceptional secretarial skills including a good working knowledge or the Windows operating environment and the following types of computer software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, and database. Candidate must possess excellent organizational skills including the ability to problem solve, meet deadlines, and be flexible in meeting work obligations. Must be dependable, tactful, neat and professional, and ability to maintain confidential information.
Beginning salary is $25,000.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes vacation, sick, holidays, and health insurance.
How to Apply
All materials should be submitted by June 5, 2015. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.