As a Maintenance Technician, you will get the chance to use your technical and mechanical knowledge and skills to help us keep our trucks running! With one of the Nation’s largest fleets, providing an essential service to customers and communities everywhere, you will play an important role in making sure our fleet is reliable, keeping our drivers and communities safe and running.
What you will do:
- Work in partnership with drivers, dispatchers, and leadership to perform necessary repairs, maintenance, or inspection or troubleshooting of:
–Diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic, electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train, diesel emissions and steering systems with limited supervision.
- When necessary, perform basic tire work. (Ex. replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks).
- Perform road service calls to help colleagues during emergency breakdowns.
- Use computers to diagnose or understand failures and begin repairs.
- Complete required documentation utilizing software programs associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures and report any safety or employee experience issues immediately to leadership.
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus
What you will need to be successful:
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
- Good time management skills to ensure all work is completed within standard repair times.
- Strong communication skills to share technical details about repairs or tasks.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, some holidays, and weekends.
- Perform work indoors with occasional need to perform road calls.
- Good problem-solving skills to address unexpected issues.
- Desire to work as a team, while helping and interacting respectfully with each other.
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
How to Apply
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.