Key Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform general facilities duties including HVAC equipment, compressed air equipment, steam generation and distribution, and loss prevention equipment.
- Study plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements.
- Maintain and improve building and grounds infrastructure and support systems.
- Support department with energy/operational cost reduction and reliability/quality improvement projects on key support systems – compressed air, chilled water and steam.
- Perform snow and ice removal from walks and roadways for AIP.
- Perform plumbing and piping repairs, replacement of plumbing fixtures, valves, and other devices.
- Repair and rebuild pumps.
- Remove, install, and replace lighting, repair and replace electrical devices.
- Perform minor carpentry work to repair or install doors and furniture.
- Grounds maintenance including tree and shrub trimming, cleaning building, and picking up litter.
Key Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Required
- Capable of reading and understanding equipment diagrams and schematics.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of three phase power
- Knowledge of electrical distribution
- Strong “hands on” ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for internal and external contacts.
- Coordination skills to schedule cross functional projects with other departments
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
- 3 years related work experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent