Financial Aid Specialist
This position requires significant responsibility which involves the coordination and management of federal, state and institutional financial aid sources. Responsible for assisting students and families on financial aid forms, applications and eligibility. Demonstrate knowledge and competency in federal and state regulations as well as institutional policies. Present good judgment and excellent customer service skills. Work is evaluated in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness, communication skills, and confidentiality. There will be a 90-day probationary period for this position.
- Responsible for the supervision of one to three part-time student employees reporting to the Financial Aid Office;
- Administrate the Federal and Institutional Work Study Program, create work study budget, post student worker positions, maintain student worker eligibility, monitor earnings, and reconcile with the Business Office;
- Act as Liaison between Financial Aid Office and other offices on and off campus.
- Coordinate dates and deadlines with other offices on and off campus.
- Communicate with students regarding their financial aid eligibility.
Associate’s degree required. Strong computer skills in all Windows-based software, including Excel and office equipment required. The ability to multi-task and attention to detail is also required, and excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
$20,414 plus benefits (health insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick days).
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.