Full-time Graphic Designer and Multi-Media Specialist
Primarily Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm during fall and spring and Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am-4:30 pm during the summer. The position requires availability to work occasional flexible hours depending upon the needs of the college.
This is a full-time administrative/professional staff position providing graphic and multi-media support to institutional marketing, encompassing academic affairs, student affairs, and other services.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and produces graphic materials in support of the college mission.
- Creates and produces digital video content in support of the college mission.
- Coordinates and administers the Tightrope digital signage system.
- Use current design and production software to create promotional materials.
- Coordinate and organize complex projects.
- Proactively identify challenges and suggest changes in regard to aspects of position.
- Attend staff meetings and engage in planning, budgeting and maintenance.
- Chief creative supervision of campus-wide multi-media/AV materials including but not limited to:
Marketing Information, Ads, Flyers, Mailers, Banners, Brochures, Posters and College Publications such as: College Catalog, Schedule of Classes, Talon, President’s Newsletter/Community Report, Legislative Agenda, Program and Service Brochures, Creative/logos for giveaway items/T-shirts, Employee and Student Spotlights. Assist the institution with events and activities as assigned. Demonstrate an understanding of branding and unity of marketing messages across mediums. Assist with institutional advancement initiatives. Assist with technical support as needed. Other reasonable assignments/duties as assigned by supervisors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related area. Three to five years related experience in graphic design encouraged. Experience with computer technology including PC and Macintosh computers required. Demonstrated proficiency with Finalcut Pro and Motion video editing/animation software. Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects. Demonstrated web page design and experience with Dreamweaver preferred. Demonstrated graphic design experience. Video production and editing preferred. Illustrations and digital photographing experience preferred. Social networking and web experience encouraged. Must have excellent written and oral communications skills. Must have good organizational skills.
Salary range is $35,000 – $38,000 plus benefits.
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled; application review begins January 30, 2015. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.