High School Recruiter/Dual Credit Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is a 12-month exempt position responsible for conducting area recruitment activities for Southeastern Illinois College within area high schools, agencies, businesses and civic organizations, as well as providing supervision and coordination for all aspects of the dual credit program, and all other high school programs. He/she is responsible for having a current knowledge base of Southeastern’s programs and services in order to represent the College to all audiences. This position serves as Southeastern’s liaison with the district’s high schools for all dual credit and other high school programs and students, which involves visiting the high schools regularly in order to provide needed support for dual credit students and instructors, and to keep the lines of communication open with the high school counselors and administrators. This position requires self-motivation, excellent organizational skills, an outstanding customer service skill set, and the ability to communicate effectively with others. Performing the duties of this position will require a professional attitude and proper office protocol at all times. This is a high energy position demanding flexibility, the ability to multi-task and to perform as a team player. The position reports directly to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and will work closely with other staff members within Student Affairs, as well as assist all areas involved with administering and implementing SIC’s dual credit and other high school programs, including Academic Services, CTE Office and other areas as needed.
1. Serve as the primary recruiter for area high schools and adult populations for all college programs. Report as directed on progress attained in achieving assigned goals and provide data to measure progress and effectiveness toward meeting goals.
2. Make classroom presentations at area high schools and GED classes, and collect information of prospective students, providing prompt follow-up regarding referrals and further assistance to students and families as needed.
3. Serve as initial contact for any new prospective students for all SIC programs, providing general information about academic programs, admission, financial aid and enrollment procedures, including those processes for enrollment into all high school related programs provided by SIC.
4. Coordinate and conduct campus tours for prospective students including individuals, families, high schools, and community groups.
5. Meet with faculty and other departments on campus as needed to maintain a current knowledge base of all College programs, services, policies and activities.
6. Assist prospective students in understanding of SIC’s admissions and enrollment policies and procedures for all programs, including those for high school students.
7. Provide assessment testing in district high schools.
8. Work with Enrollment Services in the collection and processing of admission applications and student registrations for all SIC programs, including all high school programs, while also assisting to resolve any problems related to these processes, as well as the collection of mid-term and final grades.
9. Serve as a member of the Enrollment Services on and off campus high school registration team, assisting with advisement and registration of all students during peak times, and serving as the point of contact for all summer high school students enrolled in SIC’s summer high school programs.
10. Enter data and instruct others in the use of Falcon Net, the College’s online student information system.
11. Distribute recruiting literature and conduct presentations in district schools, agencies, civic groups and businesses.
12. Oversee web content for the Early College Program and other high school programs, ensuring it remains up to date.
13. Serve as SIC’s liaison with the district’s high schools, their principals, counselors, teachers, and students, maintaining a consistent and positive presence for Southeastern Illinois College in area schools, agencies and civic organizations.
14. Participate with other College personnel in planning and attending college nights, high school student orientations, SICs New Student Orientation Program, and other similar outreach activities. Plan and conduct any needed orientation sessions for Early College Program students, CTE dual credit students, and other groups as needed.
15. Assist the counseling and advising staff by responding to email and voice mail inquiries related to recruitment and/or programs for high school students.
16. Coordinate recruitment activities with the Vocational Recruiter and Marketing Coordinator, as needed, including the revision and/or development of information pieces needed for recruitment of students into all college programs.
17. Assist SIC’s instructional administrators with new course/program development and articulation related to high school programs, as well as providing assistance with obtaining any related grants.
18. Coordinate and conduct high school dual credit process meetings with high school on-site teachers and counselors, visiting both regularly to provide support and assistance.
19. Work with high school and SIC administrators on grade, attendance and discipline issues for high school students enrolled in SIC’s programs.
20. Ensure that all ICCB Administrative Rules and guidelines for dual credit/enrollment are followed at all times. Additionally, ensure that the college meets all requirements of the Dual Credit Quality Act and FERPA.
21. Notify the appropriate SIC instructional dean of any changes in high school dual credit instructors at the high schools. The dean will ensure that all credentials meet SIC criteria and that required documentation is obtained for the Human Resources Office files.
22. Assist SIC’s instructional administrators with the implementation of the Career and College Readiness Initiative, and other similar programs.
23. Calculate and oversee the process for the issuance of fall and spring incentive payments to high schools.Serve on college committees, as well as attend necessary meeting and job-related conferences, both on and off campus.
24. Other duties may be assigned by the Dean of Student Services and Enrollment and/or the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s is required, with experience in recruitment and dual credit programs in a community college setting preferred. Experience as a presenter in front of large groups (particularly high school populations) preferred.
Excellent written and oral communications skills needed. Individual must be people-oriented, display high energy, enthusiasm, show initiative and improvisation skills, be creative and have the ability to communicate with high school populations. Ability to plan work activities, establish priorities, and work toward achieving goals. Must have an understanding and commitment to continuing education and the role of the community college mission. Must possess a high level of communication skills: teamwork/cooperation, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications, analytical, interpersonal skills, attention to details, and deadlines with excellent follow-up skills are needed to be successful in this position. Excellent customer service skills are essential.
A comprehensive benefit package that includes paid holidays, sick, vacation, and insurance with optional benefits available.
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.