Institutional Advancement Controller / Accountant
POSITION SUMMARY: Assigned to perform the various financial functions of the College Foundation. Must be skilled in computers and all software utilized by the Foundation, including QuickBooks, bookkeeping (e.g. accounts payable), and other functions include auditing, those specific to Foundation activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the accounting/book keeping system necessary to provide accurate financial facts as a basis for formulating policy and decisions.
- Supervises the keeping of the financial records for the associated student organization.
- Responsible for the collection, deposit, and accounting of all monies accruing to the college.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports to various federal and state agencies.
- Assists the administration in the preparation and coordination of the state and federal financial applications and prepares suggestions for investing idle funds.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of an adequate inventory system, participates in meetings, and does other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Prepare & file all tax forms (e.g. 990 & 1099).
- Manage all processes of income & expenses of the functional unit, including scholarships.
- Prepare annual payroll documentation & related tax letters, annual reports (Secretary of State), & Foundation. Audit in cooperation with the assigned auditing agency.
- Manage all accounts under the assigned supervisor including restricted, temporarily restricted, & unrestricted funds as well as other account classifications.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Dean of Student Services & Financial Aid Director in regard to scholarships.
- Serve as the primary contact for student scholarships financial management Foundation.
- Assist with correspondence with donor in multiple media channels.
- Manage & prepare the Foundation’s annual audit process.
- Be responsible for all of the Foundation bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general bookkeeping. Monitor & manage all savings accounts, checking accounts, Certificate of Deposits, investment accounts, trust, and loan accounts.
- Manage all scholarship accounting & disbursements in cooperation with assigned personnel including but not limited to:
- Assist with completed scholarship application process from inception to awards.
- Monitor donor restrictions on the scholarship (e.g. tuition/fees, books, or other educational expenses).
- Maintain balances for each scholarship.
- Maintain bank statements.
- Manage all investment account statements.
- Maintain all investment information including deposits, withdrawal, transfers, interest, and reissuing.
- Maintain the Foundation’s checking account.
- Make banking & investment deposits as assigned & approved by the supervisor.
- Manage all invoices for donors.
- Manage preparation, bookkeeping, receipting, and maintaining of accounts for the Bass Tournament, Falcon Society, Golf Tournament, and annual funds.
- Manage the Foundation’s bookkeeping system, a non-profit double entry fund accounting program including three modules, Accounts Payable, Donor Records, and General Ledger.
- Analyze & solve problems in the bookkeeping system with requested assistance as reasonably expected.
- Prepare and receive correspondence.
- Manage accounts payable system including monthly reconciliations and reports.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standards are required and must be maintained.
- Reliable and regular attendance in the workplace.
- General assistance with SICF events and functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) required. Strong interpersonal & organizational qualities required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s preferred. Relevant experience required.
$24,000 – vacation and sick paid time off, as well as paid holidays.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.