Institutional Research and Effectiveness Administrator
POSITION SUMMARY: This is an exempt full-time position working under the direction of the CEO and Cabinet with a focus on SIC’s research for academic, student and essential services functions. Also responsible for data needs for the Higher Learning Commission projects, evidence files, dashboard, benchmarking and various other research tasks/projects. Assist with research needs associated with planning, assessment, enrollment, grants, and general institutional needs, including special projects including but not limited to feasibility studies as well as data book, community report, and legislative agenda as requested.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Must work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced team environment, be self-motivated, absorb information quickly and possess excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrate a student friendly, student-first philosophy.
- Be open and responsive to input from Instruction, Student Affairs, IT, HR, Marketing, and other campus constituents for user friendly data.
- Design, develop, implement, and administer a data calendar and use modern web technologies.
- Conduct research, provide data, create reports, and develop benchmarking capabilities as assigned, including the development and implementation of an administrative dashboard system, using various data reporting technologies and tools (e.g., Infomaker, etc.).
- Provide research support, Early Alert Systems, dashboards, and others as requested.
- Develop and write procedures and training manuals on research process.
- Develop student tracking systems needed for data collection for retention, completion, Performance Based Funding, grant applications, and external agency requirements
- Provide data and reports needed for accreditation and institutional requirements. Ensure web/online presence meets all accreditation standards and requirements.
- Establishes, administers, and coordinates the college’s institutional research activities including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the college for use in decision making.
- Maintain a positive professional working relationship with the faculty, staff, students, and other outside parties.
- Serve as liaison with IT Department in utilization of the Jenzebar system, InfoMaker, National Student Clearinghouse, Power BI, SPSS, and other research tools.
- Works closely with appropriate college offices in research and statistical analysis that may be needed for various projects in areas such as human resources, curricula, instruction, payroll, collective bargaining, facilities, or finance.
- Develop, edit, and coordinate IR content and data from the various departments for reports and /or placement on the college web site, including SICF support as needed.
- Provides support for the college’s organizational effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities.
- Represents the college at federal, state, and local level meetings, seminars, or conferences as appropriate and at professional organizations related to institutional research within the state, taking a leadership role where appropriate.
- Maintains and distributes data, studies, or research to support the planning efforts of the college. Develops and implements processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions, and employers.
- Maintains databases updates and maintains system files, establishes and maintains security and access information, ensures that backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored.
- Monitors the overall integrity of data taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Develops, administers, analyzes, and reports on surveys that measure engagement, performance and satisfaction for both students and employees; manages and maintains the web survey software.
- Administers and oversees the institutional research office budget.
- Provides support for the development of college planning systems and provides for information to assess institutional effectiveness.
- Fulfill relevant risk management responsibilities and duties.
- Regularly, at the discretion of the president, attends college administrative team meetings and provides leadership to the college. Performs other related tasks as required.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in a research/IT related field required, Master’s preferred. Preference to individuals with experience with current IR and information technologies. Knowledge of research methods, database design and arrangement. Experience with higher education information systems, including data warehousing and data mining.
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.