IRC Statewide Coordinator
The Illinois Respite Coalition Statewide Coordinator position is a part-time position located in central and southern Illinois. This position is shared among two people who work between 15-18 hours per week. Staff is expected to be detail-oriented, independent
and thorough. The position is funded by a federal/state grant, so staff needs to diligently follow grant guidelines, and respond to all calls and emails within 24 hours or on Monday following a weekend message.
Experience in a non-profit organization is not required, but previous office experience and desire to learn is a plus. The position works with caregivers across the state who are caring for a loved one of any age and any type of disability (across the lifespan). This position is in a fast-paced yet supportive environment. Hours are flexible, but need to be
scheduled and consistent along with the availability between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Staff need to have a reliable means of transportation for travel as needed.
The desired staff will have the ability to:
- Work 15-18 hours per work Monday through Friday
- Work effectively and efficiently remote
- Learn quickly and be professional in all work-related interactions
- Be thorough and detail-oriented in collecting and reporting data
- Work proficiently in Excel and Google Drive
- Learn different respite funding options across the lifespan
- Present when needed at meetings via Zoom or in person
- Attend meetings and outreach events as needed as a representative for the IRC
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
How to Apply
Those interested in applying for the position should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.