Orica’s manufacturing facility in Marion, IL is seeking a Maintenance Technician. The Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting running equipment, break-down repairs, installation of new equipment, modifications to existing equipment, preventative and predictive maintenance, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in manufacturing environments.
- Proficiency required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices.
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Capable of using a digital multimeter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls.
- Troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power systems, AC/DC drives, PLC’s and servo drive systems.
- Must be able to perform installation of conduit runs, disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls motors and brushes.
- An Associate’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology is preferred but not required.