Mary Jo Oldham Center for Child Study (MJOCCS) Coordinator
The Mary Jo Oldham Center for Child Study (MJOCCS) Coordinator will be responsible for: daily operations of the center by providing a structure and delivery system that provides for the care, growth, and development of the children who attend the center; supervision of all personnel assigned to the center; maintaining an environment that conforms to governmental and local standards for safety and cleanliness; and conferring with parents regarding enrollment policies and procedures. Coordinator is also responsible for required business and governmental record keeping for the center and maintaining NAEYC Accreditation criteria; and keeping current with ExceleRate Standards; submitting timely paperwork to DCFS, ISBE. NAEYC, ExceleRate, and Southeastern Illinois College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares annual facility budget with the Director of Auxiliary Services.
- Authorizes purchases from the MJOCCS budget.
- Supervises and assigns all personnel in the center.
- Confers with parents regarding facility activities, policies, and enrollment procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates facility activities, policies, and procedures to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
- Reviews and approves menu plans submitted by kitchen supervisor and food purchases made by kitchen supervisor.
- Arranges medical attention for ill or injured child in accordance with parental instructions.
- Plans and conducts weekly Lead Teacher meetings and regular staff meetings.
- Prepares and submits NAEYC Annual Report.
- Prepares and submits required ExceleRate paperwork and CQIP.
- Maintains accurate records of subsidy families.
- Maintains accurate accounts receivable records and family data in Pro Care system.
- Keeps up with current trends in the Early Childhood field.
- Abilities to seek and write appropriate grants to acquire needed equipment, trainings, etc.
- Participates on College committee assignments.
- Assist with the delivery of ECE and Education classes as assigned.
- Participate in the College assessment process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Family and Consumer Sciences, or Child Development with a minimum of 18 semester hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development with experience in an early childhood setting.
Must meet Illinois Child Care Licensing Standards for this position. In addition, meet NAEYC Accreditation criteria for this position and ExceleRate Illinois requirements that includes qualifications for a minimum of a Level II Director Credential.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin January 5, 2018. Position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC staff application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.