Company Overview Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call…SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
Job Summary – We are seeking a mobile diesel mechanic to join our Morton, IL transportation operations team. Our mobile diesel mechanics maintain diesel equipment by completing field services out of a mobile service vehicle, correcting deficiencies, making adjustments and performing alignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Diagnose and perform road service on all G&D equipment as assigned per service writers on a daily basis
• Diagnose and perform maintenance inspections on tractors/trailers/chassis abiding by all state and federal standards
• Diagnose and service jockey trucks on-site
• Manage inventory control on the service truck and keep vehicle clean and safe
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures—report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or human resources
• Physical requirements
o Must pass DOT physical
• Work environment
o Travel within a 60-mile radius from Morton, IL to many different facilities (company and non-company owned) to perform scheduled maintenance and/or breakdowns— must comply with each location’s rules and regulations
o Mid-shift o Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions
o Regularly working around moving mechanical parts
o Occasionally working
-in wet or humid (non-weather) conditions
-in high, precarious places
-with fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals