Police Officer Positions
The City of Fairfield Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is seeking applicants to establish an eligibility list from which Police Officer vacancies in the City of Fairfield Police Department will be filled.
To qualify to participate in the selection process, Police Officer applicants must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Must have reached his/her 21st Birthday;
- Have a high school or GED Diploma;
- Applicants with no prior police experience or active military service must not be older than 35. Current and former full time police officers from this or any other state have no age limitation. Active military service will extend the age limit by one year of service to a maximum of 10 years.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or certain misdemeanors;
- Must not have suffered an amputation of any limb;
- Must not be classified as a conscientious objector;
- Must successfully complete application package;
- Be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health, and be physically able to perform the duties of a Police Officer.
Salary and Benefits: Estimated starting wage is $48,500.00 annually hour plus excellent benefits package of medical, dental, and life insurance; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; police pension; and more.
How to Apply
Applications may be picked up between 8:oo A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, beginning September 18, 2020 at the City Hall, 109 N.E. 2nd Street, Fairfield, II 62837.
Applications will not be mailed. Fully completed applications must be returned with all required documents by 4:00 P.M. October 9, 2020 at the City Hall at the address above stated.
Examinations: Applicants who meet the basic qualifications outlined above must attend a MANDATORY Orientation meeting at 5:00 P.M., Friday, October 23, 2020 at City Hall, City of Fairfield, at the address above stated.
Qualified applicants, having passed the Police Officer Physical Aptitude Test, will then be required to pass a written exam to be held at the City Hall of the City of Fairfield, at the address above stated on October 24, 2020 at approximately 10:30 A.M. Physical agility testing will begin promptly at 8:oo AM. on October 24, 2020 at the high school.
Qualified applicants must further pass an oral interview, background investigation, polygraph, psychological and medical exam as required by the Board.
Applications and examinations will be governed by the Rules & Regulations of the City of Fairfield Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
CITY OF FAIRFIELD BOARD OF FIRE & POLICE COMMISSIONERS
Equal Opportunity Employer