The Madison Wisconsin Police Department is seeking mature-minded men and women who possess integrity and self-confidence. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a desire to work with the community are essential. We are currently accepting applications for Police Officer, with an expected hire date in the fall of 2017. No prior law enforcement experience or training is required! Successful past applicants have typically had significant educational and/or life experiences. Many have previously worked in teaching, social work, business, or a variety of other professions.
A career with the Madison Police Department is both challenging and rewarding. We are an innovative organization, proud of our diversity and that of the community we serve.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2016
- Written & Physical Agility Testing: November 6 & December 11
- Consolidated Testing for Distant Candidates (Living more than 6 hours from Madison – January 8, 2017)
- Oral Board Interviews: approximately 6-8 weeks after your initial testing day.
- Background Investigations: can begin immediately after an oral board interview, or no later than February, 2017.
- Trilogy: Chief’s Interview, Personality Assessment and Ride-Along with a Field Training Officer – April 2017.
- Tentative Job Offers: May 2017
- Medical Clearance: July, 2017
- Final Job Offers: Early, August, 2017
- Academy begins: September, 2017
Annual Salary: $49,421 increases to $54,952 after six months with an excellent benefit package.
Educational Incentive: Base of $69,294 after 42 months with undergraduate degree.