Production Planning Specialist
The Production Planning Specialist is responsible for purchasing the raw material requirements for mixing, coating and converting based on the forecasts from Central Planning and actual demand. They are responsible for purchasing raw materials in a manner that satisfies demand yet keeps price and inventory at a minimum. They are responsible for the cycle counting program in all areas of the plant.
– Plans and purchases raw material requirements.
– Works with the Purchasing Manager to negotiate prices and terms with vendors including stocking programs and consignment.
– Responsible for purchasing plant supplies
– Responsible for the cycle counting program
– Works with the Purchasing Manager for the accuracy of the inventory and meeting inventory objectives
– Responsible for input of data regarding production of WIP and FG and its impact on planning
– Responsible for creating label formats and maintaining the finished goods labeling system
– Creates and maintains required records in the PRISM system
– Participates on continual improvement teams and or safety teams
– Other duties as assigned
– High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferable
– 1 to 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing planning environment is desirable.
– 1to 2 years of experience in purchasing is required.
– Previous experience in inventory control is preferred.
– Experience in plants certified in ISO a plus.
– Coating or printing plant experience is desirable.
– Must have effective math, analytical and computer skills
– Must demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills.
– Occasional travel may be required
– Must meet requirements for background and drug testing policies
35K-40K pending experience, full-time
How to Apply
Phone: 618.993.9675 (Marion)