Student Success Center Assistant
This is a part-time position, up to 28 hours per week. This position is responsible for monitoring the Student Success Center and managing of testing services. Must be highly motivated, well organized, detail oriented, positive thinking, customer service oriented, and relate well to the general public. Provide quality service to students and to the public while maintaining confidentiality. The ability to multi-task with attention to detail is also required with excellent communications skills (oral and written).
• Monitor the operation and schedule of the Student Success Center.
• Coordinate and administer the placement testing on-campus and assist at off-campus sites when needed.
• Work cooperatively with the various instructional units in the coordination and administration of various testing programs.
• Oversee the coordination and scheduling of student tutors, professional tutors, and other tutoring services.
• Provide direct tutoring services in area of qualification as applicable.
• Coordinate the scheduling of the Testing Center and administer the Nursing TEAS test, HOAE test, Work Keys test, CLEP test, CNA test, and other tests as needed or assigned.
• Attend necessary training sessions and professional conferences.
• Maintain/schedule evening office hours (on an as-needed basis) for testing and follow-up with students when needed.
• Enter placement test scores into the College’s student information system.
• Maintain accurate records of tutoring and testing usage.
• Conduct assessment activities to assess the services of the Student Success Center and Testing Services.
• Assist in the program review process for the Student Success Center and Testing Services.
• Perform all other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Associate degree required in related field. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications, analytical, interpersonal skills, attention to details, and deadlines with excellent follow-up skills are needed to be successful in this position.
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, references, copies of transcripts and completed SIC professional/faculty application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946. Application materials may also be submitted in person to Human Resources, or sent via email to email@example.com.