Two-Way Communications Service Technician
This areas’ largest two-way communications provider is looking for a Two-Way Communications Service Technician. As a Communications Service Technician, you will responsible to provide multiple levels of expert technical services to our customers. The Communications Service Technician position will involve:
- Troubleshooting customer equipment problems
- Repairing and maintaining two-way communications equipment and systems as well as a wide range of wireless products
- Discussing equipment operations and/or problems with customers and working with our team to determine appropriate solutions
- and, providing input on planning processes related to communications equipment and systems.
We have two full-service locations where we offer a full range of two-way radio communication services, ranging from sales and service to Starcom21 and community repeater services throughout the southern Illinois. We specialize in the design, sales and service of a wide range of wireless products and systems ranging from simple two-way radios to complex multi-site digital systems, radio dispatch systems including Voice over IP, wireless data systems including AVL, in-building amplifiers (BDA), wireless LANs, wireless video surveillance, on-site paging systems and wireless telemetry.
As a Two-Way Communications Service Technician, you will provide multiple levels of expert technical services to our customers. Duties as a Two-Way Communications Service Technician may include:
- Working with our team to designing and executing projects
- Responding to failures and emergencies involving communications and other electronic systems and equipment
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance on radio equipment.
As a Two-Way Communications Service Technician, you must be a self-starter with excellent customer service and communication skills with management potential. You will also need to be physically fit in order to work occasional overtime and to do field work.
Qualifications for the Two -Way Communications Service Technician position include:
- 2 year degree in electronics related field or comparable military training and/or experience is preferred
- CETa (ETA) or higher, FCC General Radio-Telephone and networking certifications are helpful
- Motorola or other major manufacturer system experience is desirable
- Experience with test equipment such as service monitors, watt meters and oscilloscopes is imperative
- Component level repair ability is a plus
- Good computer skills
- Clean driving record is a must
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required
- You must be drug-free. A background and fingerprint check may be required for public safety system access.
We value your work as a Two-Way Communications Service Technician and offer an extensive compensation package with excellent benefits in return. Your salary will be based on experience.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a team player, and can meet our standards, submit your resume to:
Roy Walker Communications, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
441 Church Camp Road
Makanda, IL 62958