Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
This is a full-time position with the primary responsibility of working in a variety of contexts related to the Visual and Performing Arts Complex (VPAC), Ella Elizabeth Hise Museum (HM), and related venues. This position requires a customer service-oriented individual who will provide quality service to students, faculty, and the public while maintaining fiscal responsibilities. Must be highly self-motivated, well-organized, a positive thinker is a plus and must relate well to people of all ages. Basic Computer skills and knowledge are also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Assist the Events Coordinator and artistic directors as assigned with technical and artistic operations related to the VPAC and as assigned in the HM.
2. Assist the Events Coordinator/Student Activities Director and other college staff with special events and special programs in VPAC and HM.
3. Direct musical theatre productions as assigned.
4. Coordinate Junior Falcon productions.
5. Participate in general staff functions related to the educational program and in-service activities.
6. Assists VPAC Coordinator with general operations and functions of the VPAC.
7. Contribute to cultural growth by engaging in artistic operations such as music, dance/choreography for SIC productions, and related venues as assigned, including musical theatre productions.
8. Organize, lead, and promote interest in arts activities such as theatre, music, visual art, dance, and related venues.
9. Recruit musical theatre students from the region as assigned.
10. Perform community service by sponsoring programs designed to increase the cultural and educational growth of the region, including youth dance and theatre progressive educational programs.
Master’s in Fine Arts degree in musical theatre or another artistic blend; preferred relevant and active work experience in the visual and performing arts.
A comprehensive benefits package includes paid holidays, paid time off, health and life insurance with optional benefits, and a pension through the State Universities Retirement System.
How to Apply
The position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, references, transcripts, and completed SIC faculty application to: Human Resources Department, Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946.