We are currently searching for qualified welders to fill vacancies at our Mt. Vernon, IN facility. Those selected for this position will perform a variety of welding operations, including but not limited to the use of automatic and robotic metal inert gas and tungsten inert gas equipment to produce acceptable quality welds in accordance with prescribed quality control procedures. Primary duties will include:
- Identify and perform basic layouts to determine clad limit lines, weld size, spacing, etc.
- Set up, align and level job.
- Move equipment and components to and from a workstation.
- Attach preheat torches inside and outside, maintaining proper preheat temperatures.
- Set up and tear down scaffolding, when necessary.
- Place heating pads when required.
- Install and remove mechanical flux rings.
- Responsible for using proper wire and flux for the job to be performed.
- Inspect welds by removing slag with a pick.
- Grind and arc-air to remove defects.
- Buff, grind, and clean surfaces prior to welding and grind completed welds to drawing requirements.
- Use gauges (fillet, offset, etc.) as required.
- Make machine adjustments as the job dictates, including wire straightener or electrode tip.
- Keep own equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and assists maintenance personnel as required.
- Verify identity and physical characteristics of materials as required.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Work from written or verbal instructions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work performed must conform to all customer, code, and quality control requirements. Additionally, the person in this role must work in accordance with all applicable company procedures, policies, and rules. He/She may be required to run more than one machine simultaneously
Successful applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must satisfactorily complete all prescribed proficiency tests. A minimum of 1-2 years’ on-the-job experience is preferred. Due to our work with the federal government, U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship is also required