SIC faculty and staff can use Microsoft Office 365 services, including Office 365 ProPlus and OneDrive for Business. This service is free because of Microsoft's Student Advantage program. Technical assistance for this program is provided by Microsoft.
What this means:
- Download and install the latest version of Office on up to five PCs or Macs, and five tablets (iPad) and access Office mobile applications on iPhone and Android phones. (Office Mobile applications are included with all Windows phones).
*Access and Publisher are available on PCs only. OneNote for Mac is available as a separate download from the Mac App Store.
- It includes 1 terabyte (TB) of OneDrive for Business storage per user, for schoolwork and homework.
How to access:
- Navigate to www.sic.edu/employeesgetoffice365 and enter your SIC Email address and network password.
- The Install office link is located near the top on the right.
*32-bit version of Office is installed on your PC by default, even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows.
- Activate by signing in using your SIC Email and network password
*Launch one of the installed applications. If you see your name in the upper right-hand corner you have successfully activated your subscription.
Minimum system requirements for Office 365:
To install Office 365, your PC or Mac must meet the minimum system requirements. View the system requirements.
The number of devices included in the subscription and what to do if more devices need to be added:
Office can be installed on up to five PC or Mac computers and 5 mobile devices.
If you've already installed the latest version of Office with Office 365 on five computers that you use and you want to install Office on a sixth computer, you can do that by first deactivating an installation on one of your current computers.
In Office 365, go to Office 365 Settings > Software > Office. Click Deactivate next to the computer you want to deactivate the installation from.
- If you’re experiencing issues trying to install Office on your PC or Mac, see Troubleshoot Office installation with Office 365 for business.
- Contact Microsoft