We are glad you are considering Southeastern! This is why you should start here:
SIC is Accountable
Southeastern ranks in the top 10 percent of colleges in the US and sixth out of the 48 Illinois community colleges in completion rates.
We know students on a first-name basis.
Chances are at a large university, you will probably be taught by graduate assistants who are worried about their own degrees instead of yours. At Southeastern, you will be taught by professors whose #1 concern is teaching YOU -- and they come highly qualified. Here you can expect:
- 100% credit transfer rate*
- No Teaching Assistants
- One-on-one attention
- *The key to great transfers is to tell your advisor what university you plan to attend after SIC. Successful graduates have transferred to SIUC, SIUE, USI, UIUC, ISU, NIU, EIU, and some of the top private schools in the country!
Students get involved at SIC.
From nationally recognized clubs to award-winning teams, Southeastern offers students the opportunity to be as active as they want to be. We offer a variety of clubs and organizations to suit anyone's tastes and interests.
SIC is Accessible
SIC is close to home.
Going away to school can be a major life change for both the student and the family. By staying close to home and taking classes at SIC, we can help to make this process a smoother transition from high school to college. With nearly 50% of students from our area high schools attending SIC, those bonds of friendship made in high school can extend into college. Plus, with online classes, we are as close as your laptop!
SIC Offers a Variety of Opportunities to Earn a Degree or Certificate.
- Dual Credit -- Get a head start on your degree while still in high school and earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
- Online courses -- Southeastern has more than 100 online courses to fit your busy schedule.
- Two campus locations -- Harrisburg and Carmi campuses offer day or evening classes.
- With more than 100 transfer and technical programs, SIC has something for everyone.
SIC is Affordable
Southeastern offers one of the lowest tuition rates in the state at $106 per credit hour for in-district students. SIC's online classes have the same in-district tuition cost regardless of location!
Compared to 4-year public universities in Illinois, attending SIC first can save transfer students more than $20,000 in tuition alone over two years. (And that's just tuition!)
More than 70 percent of our students receive scholarships or other forms of financial aid.