Be Thankful this Thanksgiving
Ah yes, here we are, the month of Turkey. I don’t know if anyone feels the way I do when November rolls around, but I start to feel…nostalgic. Almost like the older I get the less I can appreciate Thanksgiving? It’s hard to describe. However, it should be the complete opposite. The older I get the more things I have to be grateful and thankful for. But, when I sat down to write this post, everything I feel the slightest bit thankful for left my mind, and what was left felt too silly to be thankful for. So I thought, ‘I’ll make a list of things EVERYONE can be thankful for.’ So here it is—25 Things to be Thankful for:
- Your favorite TV show. It’s impossible for me to stop binging Brooklyn Nine Nine, Friends, and The Flash.
- The moment you walk through the door and your dog runs to you. The pitter patter of their nails on the floor.
- Your favorite meal being served to you. Thank you, Panera Bread.
- Your co-workers. Who else are you going to befriend to pass the time?
- Your health. Good or bad, you’re still here.
- Your bed. No explanation needed.
- The feeling of accomplishment. Pure satisfaction.
- CHOCOLATE. I know I’m not the only one out there…
- Your family. Mom, Dad, little brother, grandma, mama and papa, the list goes on and on.
- Your favorite pair of jeans. A much understated confidence boost.
- But also those really cozy sweatpants you’ve had since high school. We all have them.
- Friday nights with friends. A night out to just let it all out, whether it be laughter or tears.
- A perfect night’s sleep. You know the rare feeling.
- Concerts. Your FAVORITE band playing their hearts out.
- Southern Illinois sunsets that everyone posts on Snapchat that you pretend to hate but know it’s beautiful. I’m guilty.
- Friendsgiving. Everyone’s home and happy and you’re all stuffing your faces like old times.
- A world of opportunity. It’s out there, go get it.
- Those strawberry candies that show up at grandma’s house. I’m not sure where to buy them or what they’re called but I love them.
- Love. Be thankful you can be in love.
- Black Friday. SALES!
- And cyber Monday. Sales I don’t have to leave the house for!!
- That song you listen to on repeat that NEVER gets old. Whether it be Queen, Prince, Jonas Brothers, or Miley Cyrus, we can all appreciate this.
- Alone time. So very underrated.
- Your other half. Romantic or not, they’re just your person.
- Life. You’re alive and you’re you. You’ll always be enough.
Written by Callie Smith, student blogger