Student Success Center
TRiO Student Support Services
Records and Transcripts
Students can obtain unofficial and official transcripts of their educational record at SIC.
- Unofficial transcripts can be obtained electronically from MySIC or in person from the Enrollment Services Office.
- Unofficial transcripts will have a watermark with "Unofficial Transcript" on the face of the transcript.
- Student copies are free.
- Students should be advised that most colleges and universities accept only transcripts mailed to the receiving institution by the college issuing the transcripts.
A transcript of the student's official educational record at Southeastern Illinois College is issued, sent or released by the Enrollment Services Office ONLY upon receipt of a WRITTEN OR ONLINE REQUEST FROM THE STUDENT. A request with the student's signature (written or electronic) must be submitted at least two business days before the transcript is needed. Requests are processed in the order received. If there is a high volume of requests submitted at any given time, it may take longer. This usually occurs at the end or beginning of a semester.
Official transcript requests can be made online, by mail, by fax (618-252-3062), or in person.
An official transcript request should include:
- Student's name (including maiden name and any other previous names)
- Current address
- Student ID number (if known)
- Date of birth
- Email address (if the receiving institution is a member of eScrip-Safe, the transcript will be sent electronically; the student will be notified via email when the transcript is sent and when it is opened by the receiving institution)
- Dates of attendance
- Address to which the transcript should be sent
- Signature and date
- You can order official transcripts online via the National Student Clearinghouse.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
- Processing fee for ordering online is $7.75 for each transcript request.
- Payable by any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.
- Print the Official Transcript Request Form (PDF)
- The processing fee for ordering by mail, fax, or in person is $5.00 per transcript request.
- Payable by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Please include the credit card number and expiration date if faxing a request. For card verification, a correct address is required, as well as the three-digit verification number on the back of the card. This can be found on the signature line to the far right. All credit card information is shredded after the payment has been accepted.
- Mail to: Student Records 3575 College Road Harrisburg, IL 62946
- Fax: 618-252-3062
Southeastern Illinois College reserves the right to withhold transcripts from students who are in debt to the institution. Students may discuss the resolution of their indebtedness with the Business Office.