Employee Toolbox for Remote Working
Remote working toolbox
Microsoft Office 365 (O365)
Microsoft Office 365 is free for enrolled SIC students and also SIC employees. Through O365 an entire suite of Office software can be downloaded for free. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and 1TB of OneDrive online storage.
Video chat and screen sharing software for real-time interaction with employees. Available on almost all platforms, operating systems, browsers, and phones. You can use this app to hold live sessions with employees. If you would like a Zoom account, contact Learning Commons or IT staff.
*The virtual background feature allows you to display an image or video as your background during a Zoom Meeting. No need for a green screen, Zoom will prompt you to download a tool in lieu of using one.
We recommend these initial favorites and you will be up and running in no time.
- Join a test meeting to test your speakers, microphone, and/or webcam.
- Scheduling Meetings for Gmail
- Scheduling Meetings for Outlook
- In Meeting Basic Controls
- Screen Sharing Basics
- Implementing Breakout Rooms for Group Work
- Using Whiteboards in Zoom
- Using Zoom on your Phone
- How to Record your Session
- Make your Powerpoint Slides a Zoom Background