Board of Trustees
Facts & History
MAPS & DIRECTIONS
Southeastern Illinois College promotes quality, accessible, and accountable learning that is responsive to student and community needs.
Our vision is to provide excellent educational and service-focused leadership for our region to inspire personal growth, cultivate community connections, and prepare for a transforming 21st-century society.
Teaching and Learning
We prioritize a commitment to life-long learning by providing quality learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom for students, faculty, staff and community.
Service to the Community
We prioritize the needs of our community by actively collaborating with stakeholders to promote economic growth, workforce development, and community enrichment.
We prioritize availability to our stakeholders by creating an inclusive, equitable environment that fosters the educational and social well-being of all.
We prioritize sound stewardship by ensuring our actions faithfully serve the best interests of our students and community.
General Education Goals
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written and verbal use of English
- Demonstrate proficiency in organization and analysis when writing, speaking and listening
- Demonstrate proficiency and integrity regarding the basic methods and skills of contemporary academic research and reporting
Humanities and Fine Arts
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major areas of the diverse, aesthetic expressions and forms of disciplines such as music, literature, creative writing, cinema, theatre, and art
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of learning about diverse aesthetic, creative, and artistic activities of the humanities.
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Develop insights into personal behavior and one’s relationship with a diverse society in its past, present, and future
- Develop a basic understanding of the cultural, geopolitical and socioeconomic forces and their impact on society Mathematics
- Use appropriate mathematical symbols, terminology, and techniques to solve practical applications
- Perform complex and theoretical calculations
Physical and Life Sciences
- Demonstrate knowledge about the fundamental laws governing living systems, the fundamental laws governing the composition of matter, and the fundamental laws of nature
- Gain an understanding of laws that describe energy changes and how they influence changes in nature, living systems, and matter
- Demonstrate knowledge of the orderliness of nature as well as develop the ability to evaluate the effects of science and technology on their lives
Career and Technical Education Goals
- Model integrity, ethical leadership and effective management
- Utilize technology to enhance productivity
- Apply academic and technical skills in the workforce
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Utilize critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Incorporate new and emerging foundation skills needed to perform tasks proficient