Apply and Register at SIC
Steps to Get Started
- 1 Apply for Admission
- 2 Provide Proof of Residency
- 3 Request Transcripts or GED Score Sheet
- 4 Complete Placement Testing
- 5 Register for Classes
Apply for Admissions
- New or Re-Entering Students (not enrolled for a year) may apply for admission online at www.sic.edu/apply.
- International Students, please fill out and submit the International Student Application.
- Continuing Students, skip to "Register For Classes."
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any application questions.
PROVIDE PROOF OF RESIDENCY
You may take a picture of any (only one is necessary) of the following items on a smartphone and email it to email@example.com:
- Valid driver’s license
- Voter’s registration card
- Vehicle registration
- Property taxes
- Utility bills
Any item you provide must have your name and current street address and also must be issued at least 30 days prior to the first day of classes.
NOTE: If you have graduated from an in-district high school within the past 3 years, your final official transcript can be used as proof of residency.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any residency questions.
REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS or GED SCORE SHEET
- Contact your high school and request a sealed FINAL transcript (must include graduation date) be sent to us. For students still in high school, a transcript will NOT be considered final until you have graduated and a date is entered.
- If you obtained a GED, you will need to contact the test administrator to inquire about the process of requesting your GED transcript. In Illinois, GED scores are maintained by the Regional Office of Education.
- If you need to send us a college transcript, you will need to contact the institution(s) you attended in order to request an OFFICIAL copy.
NOTE: If you completed at least 30 credit hours at a regionally-accredited institute of higher education, the Admissions Office does NOT require an official high school transcript as well (unless the high school transcript it necessary for placement or prerequisite purposes).
Please contact email@example.com with any transcript questions.
COMPLETE PLACEMENT TESTING
All new or re-entering students must contact an academic advisor before registering for courses. Upon reviewing your high school and/or college transcripts and SAT/ACT scores, you may be required to take the NextGen Accuplacer placement examination.
NOTE: If you have previously completed an Accuplacer placement exam, test scores are valid for 3 years.
If mandated by an advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252-5400 ext. 2442 to make an appointment for placement testing. There is no charge for the exam. You will need the following information to sign up for the NextGen Accuplacer placement exam.
- First and Last Name
- Student ID number (please contact email@example.com if you do not have this)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Which sections of the exam you need to take:
1) Entire exam (Writing, Reading, and Mathematics)
2) Only one or two of the three sections listed above
There is no charge for the test. You are exempt if you have an ACT composite score of 20 or above, have previous college credit in English or math with a C or above, or have a degree from a college or university.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Current SIC students may register via their MySIC accounts OR by emailing (from the student’s Falconmail account) an academic advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students are NOT able to register for courses with certain pre-requisite requirements via MySIC. In these cases, students MUST email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to enroll.
- Please contact email@example.com for any registration questions.
NEW or RE-ENTERING STUDENT(not enrolled for a year):
- Contact an academic advisor to register for classes.
- If you are using a personal email account (i.e. Google, Yahoo) to contact an advisor, you will be asked to authenticate your identity by providing your date of birth and the last four digits of your social security number.
After You Register
Apply for Financial Aid
Get help paying for your education.
Get Your Student ID Card
Get your student ID card at no charge in the Learning Commons (A 126).
Setup Your Online Accounts
Find instructions on how to set up your online accounts.
Get Your Parking Permit
All students are required to have a valid student parking permit. Get your parking permit at the bookstore.
Update Personal Information
Current students may change majors or update personal information (address, telephone number) by emailing (from the student’s Falconmail account) firstname.lastname@example.org. Current students also have the option to update their personal information via their MySIC accounts (major changes cannot be submitted via MySIC).
Please contact email@example.com for any change of major or personal update questions.