Scholarships & Grants
Southeastern Illinois College Financial Aid Office is dedicated to making higher education more accessible and affordable for our students and their families. Our staff is student driven and strives in providing individualized attention. We offer a variety of programs including federal and state grants, institutional and private scholarships, veterans benefits, student employment, and student loans.
The Financial Aid Office promotes higher learning, cultural awareness, and professional development through the administration and facilitation of federal, state, institutional, private, and local grants, scholarships, and loans for students and their families.
The FAO is located on the lower floor of the Abell Administration Building (building E).
Appointments are NOT required but can be arranged if necessary.
How to Apply
Before You Apply
- Create an FSA ID for the student and parent (if applicable) to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and electronically sign the financial aid application.
- Determine your dependency status.
- Gather your income and tax information (if applicable). For Fall 2022 through Summer 2023, you will need your 2020 income information.
- The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) has a FAFSA priority deadline of December 31, 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Visit or call the Financial Aid Office if counseling is needed. Our office will gladly assist with completing your financial aid application.
- Go to studentaid.gov to apply for federal and state grants. This website is free and secure.
- Add Southeastern as a school of choice by using our school code: 001757.
- Students are highly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval link to import their and/or their parents' (if applicable) tax information
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. If corrections are needed, use your FSA ID to make necessary changes online. Southeastern will also receive your application and corrections electronically from the Department of Education.
- The Financial Aid Office will notify you through your Falcon Mail if additional documents are required. Most documents may be downloaded from our website.
- After your file is complete and you are enrolled in classes, you will receive an award letter in the mail. Please read the terms and conditions, sign, and return to the Financial Aid Office.