Student Success Center
TRiO Student Support Services
What Is TRIO?
Student Support Services at Southeastern Illinois College is funded 100% by the U.S. Department of Education at $340,815 annually to provide support services to 165 eligible enrolled students.
The Student Support Services (SSS) program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of their post-secondary education.
The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and facilitate the process of transition from one level of higher education to the next. To be eligible for the program, you must be either a low-income student, a first-generation college student or a student with a documented disability.
Students in the TRIO Student Support Services program are more than twice as likely to remain in college as those students from similar backgrounds who did not participate in the program.
During the last grant competition in 2020, the Southeastern Illinois College Student Support Services program was renewed for another five years by the U.S. Department of Education. We look forward to continuing our efforts in working with the student in their goals of completing a college degree and entering the workforce.
For additional information, visit the Office of Post-Secondary Education.
Student Support Services Mission Statement
The Student Support Services Program at Southeastern Illinois College is a federally funded TRIO program that provides educational opportunities to qualified students which increases the retention and graduation rates of its participants and facilitates the process of transition from one level of higher education to the next.
- 1 Provide a variety of workshops to assist students with study skills, career and personal development.
- 2 Provide cultural enrichment both on and off campus.
- 3 Visit four year universities to promote student transfer.
- 4 Provide opportunities for career exploration and development.
- 5 Provide a comprehensive assessment (Personal Improvement) plan which is updated every semester.
- 6 Provide peer and faculty mentoring.
- 7 Provide tutoring through the Student Success Center.
- 8 Provide basic skills instruction.
- 9 Provide career counseling.
- 10 Provide academic advisement.
- 11 Provide transfer assistance.
- 12 Provide financial aid counseling.
- 13 Provide a New Student Orientation.
- 14 Coordinate services to student with disabilities with ADA Coordinator.
- 15 Award Grant Aid to qualified participants for academic related expenses.
Apply for SIC Trio
Click the link below and fill out the application. A TRIO Advisor will be in touch!