Student Success Center
TRiO Student Support Services
Students may be eligible for the Student Support Services Program under the following criteria:
- First-Generation College Student (Neither parent has a bachelor's degree) and/or
- Low Income (Based on Federal Income Guidelines)** and/or
- A student with Disabilities (verification required through the SIC ADA Office)
- U.S. Citizen and/or Legal/Permanent Resident
Once it has been determined that an applicant has been admitted to the TRIO Student Support Services as a program participant, there are program requirements that a program participant will be completing:
- All required assessments.
- A personal interview with both the Director and TRIO SSS Advisor. The potential participant will first complete an intake interview with the TRIO Advisor to discuss the aspects of the TRIO program. Next, the Personal Improvement Plan (PIP) will outline the student’s specific needs for cultural enrichment, transitioning to college, financial management, and improving study habits and test-taking skills.
- A personal interview with the Education/Technology Coordinator to enroll in the Online Workshops, Online Study Skills Assessment, and EMP Courses if needed.
- Each program participant will be required to meet with the TRIO SSS Advisor, at least two (2) times each semester. However, for students not making satisfactory academic progress, meetings will occur more often.
Federal Trio Programs
(Effective January 13, 2021, until further notice)
|Size of the Family Unit||48 Contiguous States,D.C., and Outlying Jurisdictions||Alaska||Hawaii|