Student Account Setup
Please WAIT ONE BUSINESS DAY after registering for classes before attempting to setup your accounts.
New students should use the instructions below to setup your accounts.
Everyone else, use the Forgot My Password link under Password Management on MySIC to reset your password. You will need to know your challenge questions answers EXACTLY. If you still cannot get logged in, please submit a Support Request using the Support link at the top of the SIC homepage.
You will need to know the following information to setup your accounts:
- Only the student can perform these steps. You will be asked to setup a meaningful 15 plus character pass phrase and answer personal challenge questions.
- Your User Name for both Falcon Mail and MySIC is your O365 Falcon Mail Email Address.
- Your O365 Falcon Mail Email Address is your LEGAL first name.last name.last three digits of your Student ID, followed by "@falcon.sic.edu". For example, Sally Smith with Student ID 132743, her User Name is email@example.com.
- Your Temporary Password to setup your accounts is your month and day of birth (including leading zeros) followed by the last four of your SSN (including any leading zeros). Sally Smith, whose birth date is March 5 with an SSN of 111-222-1234, her temporary password is 03051234. If the temporary password does not work, it is likely that you have not provided the college with your SSN.
Step 1 - Activate Your MySIC/O365 Login
MySIC is a web portal where you can register for classes, access your online classes, print your schedule, see financial aid status, view billing information and sign up for payment plans, check your grades and get unofficial transcripts, and more.
- Click MySIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key your SIC Email Address.
- Key in your eight digit temporary password (your Birth Date MMDD followed by last 4 of SSN - including any leading zeros)
- Click Login
- Upon your initial login into MySIC, you will be required to change your password. Your new password/passphrase will need to be a minimum of 15 characters.
- You will then be asked to set answers for 3 challenge questions. The questions are an alternate email address (your personal Gmail, Yahoo email, etc.), last 4 of your SSN, and date of birth. Be sure to enter your birth date in the EXACT format shown.
- After you have entered your challenge questions, you will be able to change your password for MySIC and Falcon Mail at any time in MySIC.
- Wait 30 minutes before proceeding to Step 2 for your O365/Falcon Mail password to update.
Step 2 – Test Your Falcon Mail(O365) Login (after 30 minutes)
Falcon Mail is a SIC provided email account required for all currently enrolled students. Falcon Mail accounts are not retained or recreated for former students (unless returning).
- Click Falcon Mail link in top header of SIC homepage and then the O365/Email link.
- Key in your SIC Email Address
- Key in your new Password that you set in MySIC.
- Click Sign in to login into your Falcon Mail account. To protect your account, after 10 failed login attempts, your account will be locked for a short period of time. Wait 30 minutes or more and try again.
- Once logged in, Click Mail Icon - Select the correct time zone - Click Save.
- Note: this is the same user name and password you will use to access your free version of O365 ProPlus (One Drive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Lync, and Publisher on up to five personal devices) while a student at SIC.
Note: your O365 account including One Drive data may be deleted one year following your last enrollment at SIC.
Step 3 - Signup for Student Printing Services(optional)
Students can print documents for a per page fee;in the SIC library;using the PaperCut system. Find more information on student printing at www.sic.edu/studentprinting. Signup for your PaperCut account by following the steps below.
- Create an account www.sic.edu/print
- Choose the Register as a New User link located under the Log in button
- Fill out the form using your Full Legal Name, your Falcon Mail email for Email Address, SIC User Name (same as your email address without the @falcon.sic.edu) for Username, enter your password twice (we recommend you use the same one as MySIC)
- Select Register
Step 4 - Signup for txtSIC (optional but recommended)
txtSIC is an opt-in text messaging service to notify students of campus closures for weather and other emergencies. Additionally, students may sign up to receive class cancellation notices from their instructor. While SIC does not charge for this service, text message charges may apply based on your service with your cell phone provider. Note: it is very helpful to have a copy of your schedule available (can be obtained from MySIC) to setup class cancellation notices for your current instructors.
- Click txtSIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Click New Account Activation.
- Create Username: Key in your SIC Email Address.
- Key in your Legal First and Last name.
- Password: We recommend you use the same one as you setup for MySIC.
- Optional Groups: select your current instructors to receive their class cancellation notices.
- <Mobile Phone (TXT): Include your area code and do not enter dashes, i.e. 6181234567
- Select Carrier from the drop down.
*Note: Straight Talk customers should use Verizon, if your carrier does not work, try Other.
- Check Agree to Terms of Service. Your cell phone number is not sold or provided to outside entities.
- Click Create Account
- If your account was created successfully, you will receive a text message on your phone within a few minutes containing an validation code.
- Key validation code into the resulting web page and click Validate to activate your account. Status should change to Active.
- Each semester login to txtSIC to update your instructor notifications under the Groups tab.
- If you forget your txtSIC password, use the Forgot username? link. Enter your cell phone number including area code. Your username and temporary password will be sent to your phone. You can change it to something more easily remembered under the Account tab once logged in.
- You can change your cell number or service provider by using the Services tab and click Change Status.
- You can cancel your txtSIC service by texting STOP to 79516 or reply to any alert with the text STOP.
For technical assistance, SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST USING THE SUPPORT LINK AT THE TOP OF THE SIC HOMEPAGE.