An Associate Degree in Business at SIC qualifies you for entry-level employment in departments such as accounting, human resources, finance or marketing and advertising. Quicker options include a nine-month accounting or business management certificate.
If you are interested in continuing your education beyond an associate degree, you will leave SIC prepared for that next step with classes that transfer. Take classes on campus or all online.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for accountants and auditors was $70,500 in 2018. Employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 6 percent from 2018 to 2028.
Join the Club!
We recommend that you take advantage of Phi Beta Lambda, a national and competitive student organization for those preparing for careers in business, industry and business education. Our students regularly place in state competition and some go on to compete nationally.
Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Demonstrate proficiency in the functional areas of the business environment.
Goal 2: Demonstrate competency in application of communication skills in areas of business.
Goal 3: Demonstrate knowledge of business terminology, concepts, practices, and skills.
Goal 4: Demonstrate workplace ethics in a business environment.
Goal 5: Demonstrate critical and creative thinking to improve decision making in a business environment.
Goal 6: Analyze and solve problems in a business setting to assist in making appropriate business decisions.
Business Degrees and Certificates
- Accounting - Toward a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Accounting - Certificate
- Administrative Assistant - A.A.S. Degree
- Business Administration - Toward a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Business Management - A.A.S. Degree
- Business Management - Certificate
- Business Management - A.A.S Degree Online
- Economics - Toward a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Finance - Toward a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Management - Toward a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Marketing - Toward a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Word Processing - Certificate
Click here to learn more about the business courses offered at SIC.
For more information, please conatact a recruiter at (618)252-5400 ext. 2325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.