STUDENT GOVERNMENT OFFICE DUTIES
The duties for each of the student government offices is listed below:
- Preside at all meetings of the Student Government
- May call special meetings.
- Shall be ex-officio member of all committees.
- Shall vote only in order to resolve any tie votes.
- In the absence of the Secretary of SICSG, shall appoint an acting secretary
- Appoint Committees
- Shall be official representative of the student body as a whole.
- Shall appoint students who need not be members of SICSG, to represent student interests in any advisory capacity at SIC.
- Be a member of Student Senate.
- In the absence of the President, shall assume all duties and powers of the president.
- Oversee all Ad Hoc Committees
- Be familiar with, and have at hand, at all meetings of the Executive Board and Student Senate, a copy of the Parliamentary authority of this organization (Roberts Rules of Order), and shall act as parliamentarian of the meetings.
- Serve as chair of the Student Life Committee
- Prepare a complete set of minutes of all meetings of the Student Government.
- File all minutes of Student Government Meetings.
- Shall assume all other duties the Executive Board deems appropriate.
- Shall read minutes of previous meetings.
- Shall direct and publish the campus newsletter The Falcon Flyer.
- Shall be responsible for keeping role at the meetings of the Student Government and keeping a record of absence of the members.
- Report at each meeting the Student Government the financial status of this organization.
- Complete an exhaustive summary of his/her term’s expenditures and make a final financial statement at the end of his/her term of office.
- Call meetings in order in the absences of the President and Vice-President